GENERAL DISCLAIMER

All the pics displayed in this blogs are from the author's private collection or just snapshots from his private movie collection. Whenever I use another web's or person's pics, it will be always mentioned.

Feel free to use the information or pics showed but please ask for permission or just remember to add the source wherever you use them. THANKS

Todas las fotos mostradas en este blog pertenecen a la colección privada del autor o son capturas de las películas de la misma colección. En caso de usar material de otra persona o web, siempre será mencionada su procedencia.
La información y/o fotos de este blog están a disposición de cualquiera, pero por favor pidan permiso para usarlas o al menos indiquen su procedencia. GRACIAS

jueves, 31 de marzo de 2011

Curse of the IFD THUNDERBOLT series 6: Grudge of the Sleepwalking Woman (Mongnyeohan) aka Scorpion Thunderbolt

Having good mates & friends such as Jack Jensen & Andrew Leavold is a real pleasure because they don't only share my passion for rare, weird & obscure flicks but they help me to dig & collect information about those movies sending me links, lists, dates and whatever I may need. This same morning I have got one of these priceless tips from Jack about the source movie IFD used to create SCORPION THUNDERBOLT. I have to admit I have doubts about that info because I was convinced Scorpion Thunderbolt was designed using a Taiwanese horror movie & Jack said it was done using a Korean movie produced in 1983 titled GRUDGE OF THE SLEEPWALKING WOMAN (Mongnyeohan, 1983). I answered him in a snobbish way I couldn't accept this info as true since Scorpion thunderbolt locations is full of Taiwanese locations & backgrounds ( neon lights with chinese letters, cars, buses, streets & even its atmosphere is taiwanese!!!) but I had to confirm it so I ran into KMDB & I started my own search of the truth & this is what I found about GRUDGE OF THE SLEEPWALKING WOMAN (Mongnyeohan):

One night in Taipei, a female factory worker is killed on her way home. Koh Kang-young, the lead detective, concludes that she was killed by a poisonous snake from the bite marks left on the victim's neck. Reporter Lee Ok-jung rebuts his theory in her article. Through this incident, Detective Koh and Ok-jung meet frequently and they become friends. Afterwards, two more women are killed in the same manner. It is revealed that Ok-jung can't account for her whereabouts for each murder. When another murder is committed, Detective Koh finds out the truth about Ok-jung. When Ok-jung was three, a unique snake bit her. Therefore, she kills people by biting them like a poisonous snake.
There was no mistake on Jack's information! but I was also right!!!...Scorpion Thunderbolt used Grudge of the sleepingwalking woman, a korean movie shot in Taiwan!!!

The image & the cursive text is from KMDB.

I truly dedicate this entry to Jack Jensen for his kindness!

6 comentarios:

  1. I think "snobbish" is a little strong here, LOL. You were doubtful but that's understandable. There's so much bad info about these movies in Cyberspace that we always have to double check everything. Glad I could help out. I myself have wondered and pondered about that original version for years!

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Thanks for your words, Jack. I am not good at nothing special but I have been on IFD movies, locations, people for many years & sometimes I get a bit conceited about what I know about these movies. THanks to friends like you, Andrew or Fred NinjaDixon, I have got more information in less time than when I have been searching by myself for years!

    Thanks a lot, again!

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Hi Jesus Manuel!
    I added your blog to my blogroll. It's great!
    I hope you can do the same http://www.rarovhs.com.ar/

    The agregué a mi blogroll, ojalá puedas hacer lo mismo. Te felicito por tu blog, es buenísimo, muy buena información!
    http://www.rarovhs.com.ar/

    ResponderEliminar
  4. Gracias amigo, ya estás añadido!...creo que te tengo como amigo en el facebook y he visitado tu site infinidad de veces. Es un verdadero honor tenerte por aqui y te agradezco de corazon tus palabras
    Un abrazo!

    ResponderEliminar
  5. Hi Jesus Manuel, well done with Jack Jensen, I'll add the info in my critic of the film!

    I also found a better image of the original drawing used for the VHS cover:

    http://www.dvdaddicted.it/forum/uploads/1315397014/gallery_31_728_124741.jpg

    It's apparently a Thai poster, but the drawing is definitely about the good movie. You can see the car with many snakes on the windshield (refering to a similar scene in the film), as well as the woman tortured by a man sending Billiard/Pool balls between her legs, in a typical "exploitation flicks" way.

    ResponderEliminar
  6. Wow!!! I love that thai poster. I am going to ask my good friend Jub from Thailand if he may has this movie. It would be great to get it on its original cut.
    Thanks a lot for the pic!!!

    ResponderEliminar